Almost one year ago I started on this project. It still looks promising, I’ve found work-arounds for all road blocks and nearly all abstractions are in place and working. That means I from now I build on code I’ve written myself. No one is left to blame except the guy in the mirror.
Why is this a milestone? Well, running the demo is clearly not impressive, but is proves a few important things:
- The triple store + query language deals with all 14 civilizations
- 8 Hannibal run simultaneously without logical interfering
- Map processor reliably finds free places for new buildings
- The economy model prioritize units by cost or other properties
- The groups and their DSL just workTM
- The event system properly identifies external events and fires the internal ones
- The 0 A.D. Bot API is stable enough to rely on, even in Alpha stage.
- Hannibal and SpiderMonkey 31 are a good team :)
Continue reading →